Friday, March 10, 2006

Lost & Found

There's something about this joke that people always quote: "It's always in the last place you look", that seems to have a strange untruth to it.

For me, the lost item I am looking for always seems to be in the first place I looked. I just don't see it that time around. Probably because somewhere in the sub-conscious, my brain is telling me, "Come on, you idiot, stop wasting time. You're not gonna find it in the first place you look. It's always in the last place you look. Everybody knows that. So if it's here, it's breaking the rule. Just glaze over this spot and focus on other sights. You are not lucky enough to find it right away."

So of course I go looking through ten other places and come back around to sight #1. And there it is...right there in the first place I looked (which strangely enough, is now the last place).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home