Friday, March 10, 2006

A Silent Prayer to the Shopping Cart gods.

I don't get it. Everytime I go shopping at my local grocery store, I say a small prayer before entering:

"Oh, dear gods of retail, please let this be the day that I pick a good shopping cart. One that will not continuously veer to one side, one that will not have that annoying bump at each turn of the single rickety wheel making the entire cart shake and rattle as I move through the giant superstore...one that will simply roll straight, smooth, quiet."

Why does this elude me every time? Is it every cart in the store...or is it just always the one I pick? And even if it is always just the one I happen to pick...everytime, there must be more than just one bad shopping cart in the entire store. I cannot possibly be picking the exact same cart each time I visit. So, in my infinite wisdom, I draw the conclusion that there must be a large percentage of bad shopping carts here. (even though as I look at other people walking around the store, none of them seem to be having any difficulty with theirs...) I must ask: Do we need to get Honda or Toyota to begin manufacturing these things? What is so difficult about making good sturdy shopping carts? We could put a man on the moon, but we cannot come up with a better way to make a simple contraption that is essentially a wire basket atop 4 wheels.

I don't get it. But then again, maybe it's just me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home