Friday, June 02, 2006

These Drivers Drive Me Crazy

Okay, I confess, I am an impatient, "get the 'H-E-Double Hockey Sticks' out my way", kind of driver. I can't help it. I think that a car is a way to get from point A to point B...fast. I'm not into "Sunday Driving" and to me, the speed limit is just a suggestion. I think good drivers should be allowed to go at whatever speeds they want and others should be legally required to move out of their way. Like they would for vehicles such as ambulances, fire trucks and police cars. Here are some pet peeves I have about the typical bad drivers you see around.

1) People who stroll along slowly on the highway on-ramp. Ummm...YOU HAVE JUST ENTERED A HIGHWAY, you might want to increase your speed so you can keep up the pace with the rest of the drivers...come on, join the living. I've actually seen these people slow down and come to a complete stop on the shoulder because they can't get in. Gee, I wonder why?

2) Slow drivers, in general. Do these people not have anywhere to go? Why are they on the road? Here's a suggestion for you: There are other structures built for you to get places. They are called sidewalks. Please use them. You seem to have the time on your hands and could probably use the exercise anways.

3) People who take way too long to make a right-hand turn...I have some much needed news for these people. Guess what? Newsflash, Einstein, you DO NOT have to come to a full stop to pull off this maneuver. Get a move on and stop delaying moving traffic.

4) People who drive on the shoulder in heavy traffic. What jerks these people are. What makes them think that they have the right to bypass everyone else and expect to be let in to the regular lane down the line. I love when I see them pulled over by a cop for this infraction. Yeah, thought you were being smart, eh? But don't worry, they'll invent the hovercraft very soon and then you won't have anything to worry about.

5) People who don't move right away when the short-running left turn arrow becomes green. Buddy, move it, there's a whole line of us wanting to get through this turn of the light. I can tell that you didn't move fast enough because you are not close enough to the car that turned before you. These people are the worst. Especially because if you miss this light, it adds at least 10-15 minutes to your commute.

6) People who stroll along in the passing lane going the speed limit or below...ummmm, those other lanes are for you. USE THEM. Or use the sidewalks.

7) People on the highway in ANY lane who cannot seem to rev up enough to even pass slow moving trucks. These people are the reason the rest of us have to deal with trucks in the middle and sometimes even the left lanes. It's not the truck drivers' fault. So next time you feel like cursing at the truck driver, remember, they are probably in that lane because they were forced there by one of these slow-pokes.

8) The stupid person who stops at yellow lights. Especially the one who is going straight in the right lane and you are right behind them and all you wanted was to make that right turn!! Now you have to wait for the light to turn green because of this guy!!! Ugh.

9) People who brake for no reason. My theory is that these people are the single, solitary largest reason that traffic exists on our roads and highways.

10) Vans and SUVs in the fast lane on a busy highway. I'll spend about a minute following behind thinking, there are probably a line of cars in front only to find out (when I creep into the right lane to see what's there - as all people like me do) that there are wide open spaces in front of this idiot...and plenty of room for him to move over.

11) I think I have alluded to this on another post: BMW drivers or their equivalent (Any expensive car purchased for the ego-factor). They seem to be so afraid to crash their car that they are EXTRA careful. Here's a question, why buy an expensive high performance vehicle if you are not going to go fast in it??? Why don't you just walk. And maybe wear a picture of the car in a locket around your neck or on a t-shirt. That way people will know you own the car so you can still get your ego-boost. At the same time, the rest of us won't have to suffer from your pretentious, slow, Sunday driving every day of the week.

12) We have all run into these next set of people: the ones who wait at a corner, see you coming and pull out to turn as you are speeding down the road. Everytime you see one of these threats sitting on the corner, kind of creeping up, you hope and pray that they are not daft enough to get into the same lane you're barelling down in. 9 times out of ten, they do. And of course they don't bother to speed up. No...why do that?? It's better if you are forced to slow down or literally have to come to a complete stop for them. Or maybe they are tempting fate...I really hate these people. It's one thing to come out onto the road, but don't get into the lane with the fastest moving car approaching...get in the other lane...right away, or wait until the road is clear!!!!!!!!! Or like I said in other peeves above. Just walk. You don't deserve the privelege of a driver's license.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you on the slow drivers in the passing lane. I mean, it is the PASSING lane, not the driving lane!! I always ride these people's asses and got pulled over for it in December. Fortunately the cop who pulled me over felt sorry for me and just gave me a warning.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home